Created with flickr badge.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A Year of Art Discovery

2018 brings a sense of renewal and a fresh start. I've neglected my blog for so long but am starting this year full of ambition and focus.

I signed up for a digital artistry course several years ago when Photoshop Elements was my photo editing program of choice. It's a simplified and somewhat limited version of it's big brother/sister Photoshop which holds unlimited editing and creative potential. Navigating through the course in PE had it's limitations and I didn't complete the entire course. I have since switched to Photoshop. Recently I decided to re-explore the Photoshop Artistry course and start from the beginning. Further into the course it became clear that I wanted more. Sebastian Michaels, the amazing creator of the Photoshop Artistry course, is also the creator of the year long explorative program titled AWAKE. On January 1st I took the plunge and committed myself to learning and creating digital artistry on a bigger scale through AWAKE. So exciting!

Adding to the 'year of art discovery' I also signed up for Tangie Baxter's Art Journal Emporium. I'll be art journaling my way through 2018. Most people participating will be doing hands-on mixed media art in paper journals. Me, well, I decided I already have so many digital art and scrapbook supplies that I would do my journaling digitally. One of my first assignments was to choose a 'word of the year'. I chose JOY. It resonates. Tangie suggested some ways to encourage you to keep your word close at hand all year. I'm going to wear mine close to my heart daily as I purchased a simple but beautiful JOY necklace from Etsy.

And if that weren't enough - CRAZY - YES - I signed up for Mike Dooley Love Your Life which is a 30 day project. It's a focused program to help you transform your year ahead. I think Mike is a wonderful motivator and speaker and truly wants to help others find joy in their lives.

What a ride this will be. The year holds so much promise!

Joyously yours,
Tina




No comments:

Post a Comment