Created with flickr badge.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Peaceful White

There is something so peaceful about the color white. When you go outside after a big snow, you know how quiet it is? That's what white is. A room filled with white is calming and refreshing at the same time.

The birch candle holder was made by my friend Sharon's husband for a garden club fundraising event. I love the texture and the way the bark peels, the color and feel of it.


A recent class assignment for My Still Sunday at kimklassen.com was Shades of White and Still Side Light. My Still Sunday is not only about still life photography but also about the quiet and calm. When setting up and taking photos of still life I forget everything else except what's in front of me. I look through the view finder, adjust my position or elements in the scene, take a photo, repeat. It's just me, the camera and the elements. Simple, quiet, still. I love that.




No comments:

Post a Comment